Saturday, April 18, 2009

YARD SALE

This posting has no pictures I just wanted to post for a journal purpose. Today we went a head and did the community yard sale. Which was a waste of time. Know one wanted our stuff. We were trying to sale a desk for $5.00 and no one would buy it (dumb desk). So we even marked FREE and still no takers. I think it will continue to sit on our front porch.
We put some clothes, toys, some kitchen stuff (mixer, fryer), decorations out as well.
We had sat outside for about an hour and people would look from the side walk at our stuff or not even stop, just go straight to our neighbors house (which our drive ways touch). Finally a lady came and bought 10 match box cars for $2.00. So that of course went to Mason for cleaning out his cars. So we sat there for another hour and finally had some one buy a toy train set for $15.00 and gave them a gun and sword for free. It was about 11:30pm and the yard sale only went till 1:00pm so we were getting ready to haul stuff in, when some people came and was looking at our clothes. So we were like 10 cents, just so they would take some stuff. Then we were able to sale a PlayStation with the games for $20.00. We had a bucket of the cars left and this lady, that was doing the yard sale with my neighbor said" how much for the box of cars?" Darren said $5.00. She got a good deal. We got everything put inside and my door bell rang and a lady from our neighborhood said,"it was $5.00 to be in the community yard sale." I didn't want to pay but I wasn't brave enough to tell her NO. She said it was for the add in the newspaper. Darren and I said," that the yard sale wasn't even worth getting up early and sitting out side in the heat. " So by the end of the day we made $40.00 and had to give $5.00 away. I don't think that we will ever do a Yard Sale again or aleast not during the community sale when you have to pay to sale your junk.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, yard sales are too much work. I just give stuff to the D.I.

    ReplyDelete