Saturday, April 25, 2009

RAPIER FAMILY REUNION 2009

This is the lost picture


Saturday April 25 was the RAPIER REUNION at a park in Mesa. I had gotten there a little bit early and was having car problems. So I went to Brandts house to take my car to the tire place and have them check them out. But they were to busy and the guy told me I needed 4 new tires and a 4 wheel alignment. I had just gotten my tires rotated 2 weeks ago but I guess they didn't align it when I had the rotation. I notice something was wrong because driving on the free going 75 mph my car was shaking and I thought me tires were going to fly off. But I made it home and will get an appointment to get it all fixed after pay day.
So this is a picture of CHASE playing with ADDY'S doll before we left.


CHASE loved the Jungle Gym. HE thought HE was so big and smart that HE could climb up the whole way and even slide down the slide. (no picture of the slide because I had to catch him)

Climbing the stairs and looking to see how far HE still has to go.

HE just saw me and was so excited to show off to me and everyone watching him. GRANDPA staying watch by the stairs.(Should've gotten the face, sorry Dad)

MASON sad because no one was pushing him on the swing. I have been trying to teach him to do his own legs but it is not working very well. But he had alot of fun Playing with REMY and a boy he met named CARL. So MASON was never around for picture taking because he was always off running, playing baseball, basketball, volleyball, any thing there they could do he was doing it. He told me on the way home, "I had one of my best days playing with REMY. I want to live by REMY." I wish family could all live closer.

CHASE made it to the slide!!!!!! HE was trying to get me through the holes, it was so funny and cute!

We had a bring food to share and then dessert would be provided. This year they had a soft serve ice cream. CHASE loved the ice cream as you can tell. I was a hit for every one. It also was a good way to cool off. Even though it was really windy.

As you can see from our hair (mom especially) it was windy. But I wanted to get a 5 generation photo. This has my GRANNY RAPIER (90 years old), GRANDMA HOWARD (GREAT GRANDMA), MY MOM (GRANDMA), ME, MASON and CHASE. Not to many people can take 5 generation photos so when we get to see my GRANNY with everyone I always want to snap one.
CHASE'S GREAT GRANDMA loves to hold him and give him kisses. Which he loves to be held!

Just another shot of my GRANNY who can't see and doesn't really remember people but acts like she does. She was talking to BRANDT and told him you are sure a handsome young man. CHASE sitting on his GREAT GRANDMA'S lap.

Toward the afternoon CHASE was getting tired but was having a hard time sleeping. So he started with GRANDMA holding him, ME trying to get him to sleep. To the most successful one of the bunch......

MY DAD - GRANDPA! I think that GRANDPA might be sleeping as well???

I lost the picture that went here when I saved my posting. I can't get it back here, so it will just be missing.


Time to say GOOD BYE and of course CHASE still sleeping, and MASON not wanting to buckel up. So he said, "let's take a picture." We Had a fun day spent with lots of family. We love FAMILY REUNIONS because we get to see all of our cousins that live far away. (DALE and KAREN FAMILY from California especailly). Side note: Rapier is my GRANDMA'S maiden name. So this Reunion was all of her brothers (4) and there families. There was alot of people that we hadn't seen for awhile. I missed last years because I had just given birth to CHASE. They only do this once a year. So over all it was worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment