Wednesday, November 30, 2011

For Personal Use

This is written so I can remember this stage:
Things have been so stressful having 2 more babies to the family. They are a month old and it seems like it has gone by fast but also slow. We have to feed them every 3 hours to have them gain weight. We got permission to let them at night go more if the babies want to sleep but it hasn't been the case. They are gaining weight and starting to feel out alot more. We are both going on lack of sleep because we both do the feedings at night. In the day I have to feed one first and usually the other sits there crying waiting for their turn. It is not easy trying to get 2 babies feed, ready to leave because of the 3 hour feeding. By the time we get it all done it is almost time to feed again. So I don't really go anywhere.
My biggest fear was them getting RSV and so in the hospital they told us that it lives on clothes up to 8 hours and it is in the air. So they told us to have the boys change their clothes when they get home from school and then also if we go to a public place to change. Well Trey got it Last Tuesday. I took him to the dr and they said that it wasn't in the lungs yet to just keep an eye out. Well luckly it never spread but he lost his voice and still has lots of mucus in his throat. We are keeping our fingers crossed that Shaley doesn't get it.
They both are spitters. We are trying different formula to try and help the spitting and being un comfortable after the feedings.
The boys have been good. But they just kiss them waaaaay to much. Chase is always trying to lay on them or tough their heads. I have to get on him to stop. Mason is also trying to kiss them always and hold them. He wants to walk around with them but that is a big NO.
I find it hard to get things done around the house because they are fussy.
I know that it is going to get better and before I know it I will miss this stage in their lives. Right now I am just a little over whelmed.

1 comment:

  1. Angie used to do the same thing to me when Delly was a newborn. She would try to lay on her while I fed her. Sometimes I had to push her away with my feet because I was afraid she'd smother her. Hooray for surviving the first month! Hopefully they'll start settling down here in a couple of weeks. One of my friends with twins said it was the same for her at the beginning, that pretty much all she did was feed one, burp one, feed the next, change the next, and then it was almost time to start over again. You're doing great, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete