Friday, May 11, 2012

Darrens last day of work 5-11-12

Well reality is starting to set in. Today was Darrens last day of work here at HOME FURNISHINGS DIRECT in Cottonwood. We have been here for almost 9years. Darren worked for the family bussiness as a saleman, to then becoming the manager. He has decided that he wants to do something different. His brother Brandon has moved back from Washington to distribute a matress line he owns. Darren will work for him in the warehouse part of the bussiness. I have not wanted to move but he just really wanted a change since he was just stuck doing the same thing and had know way of moving up. So from left to right: Kathy, Jason, Darren, Judy, Denny, Gill.
We will be moving to Mesa/Gilbert in the summer so around July. The boys and I are having a hard time excepting the change. Mason wants so bad to stay with his friends. It breaks my heart for them to cry about not seeing them again. Because really they won't. We are going to try and rent our house because our house was bought at the prime time. Darren starts his new job June 4 2012. He will be working un Phoenix and I will be here with the kids until we have a house to live in. We bought one off of Higley and Baseline but they have informed us that it will be longer than expected. We have put in some more offers on some different houses to hope to move sooner than the end of July. Change is hard for me but I am trying to except it. When Darren and I got married almost 10 years ago is when his brother Alan decided to move up here to open a furniture store. I didn't want to move then up here. I had no clue where it was and didn't want to leave my family. I had been married 1yr and we did the move. Darren said,"give it 1 yr and we can move." Well now that it had been 9 years and we have had 4 kids living here. It is hard to say goodbye. We have grown alot as a couple, family, and met some awesome friends. We have grown in our church callings and have done callings that I think we never would have done if it wasn't for the move. Even though I cry as I think about the move now, I know there is nothing I can do but go along with Darren and Hope that he knows what he is doing. That this move will be good for us in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry this is so hard for you. It will be nice to be closer to family though. You can always go back to visit when you get homesick, too. It's not THAT far. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete