Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just to remember

Today when I went to pick Chase up from preschool he told me I didn't cry mom. I said," That is awesome." We get out to the car and he tells me Mr. Jared is mean. I ask him why. He then tells me, "He put me in time out." I ask him what he did to get in time out and he says something about a bean bag and Rowen. Through out the day I finally got this out of him. He had to sit for 5 minutes and that made him cry. He then said that they were fighting over the bean bag because Chase lost his. I then told him we have to share with our friends and ask for help from our teacher. I just hope come Thursday he wants to go again.

I also wanted to write down my new calling in church. For the awhile now I haven't had a calling. I got released from the primary presidency in Dec. and then just flew under the radar. Well then I was going to get a calling and everyone found out that I was pregnant with Twins and they thought that I will have my hands full and to just wait. Well Sunday morning (Aug 14) I get a phone call if I could meet with the bishop. I said yes and then texted Darren,"you're going to get it." He should at least give me a heads up. Well what had happen was that morning in their bishopric meetings they hadn't heard from the new Relief Society President that was going to be called that Sunday on who she wanted. I guess she emailed Bishop but he didn't get them. So he called her and she told him the counslers and then she said my name for the secretary. Darren said as he sat there he could hear bishop on the phone saying," You know she is pregnant with twins." Right then Darren knew it was me. So he didn't know to give me a warning or anything. So I get to the church still not knowing what the calling is going to be and how come someone would want me when I could be out for along time. When I get to church there is also Pam Banks, Jolynn Backus, Nicole Littlejohn and I am wondering what could it be. Well when it is my turn I find out it is to be the secretary and I am just shocked. I did not want to except this calling because I know how long I could be out from church and just plain not knowing my future. They called me an assistant secretary to take over when I am out. My thoughts on that (if I need an assistant then just don't put me in). Well I excepted the calling and now all I can do is my best until the babies come and then go from there. (This was the calling I had when we first moved to here. I gave all my old stuff to the secretary that then gave it back to me)

1 comment:

  1. I was secretary in the relief society presidency and I LOVED it. I also think it is one of the best callings to have when you have had a baby because it is relatively easy for someone else to fill in for you. You will love it! I hope everything is going well with the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete