Saturday, September 8, 2012

GRANDPARENTS DAY 9-7-12

New School means new Activities. One of the Things that was new for Mason was celebrating Grandparents Day. He came home from school and saw the paper asked when does Grandma Sparks leave for her mission? I said in about 13 days. He said," I wanna ask her to come to my grandparents day at school". I told him to not get his hopes up because they would be buisy getting ready to leave. Much to Mason's surprise she was able to come to lunch with him. I don't know if Marlene knew how much this ment to Mason but he has been having a rough time at school still. We thought he was doing good and had made friends. The other night he started to cry about something that doesn' t usually make him cry. I went and layed by him and asked him to tell me what was wrong. That something was bothering him because he doesn't usually cry about stuff like that. Thats when he said,"I wanna go back to Cottonwood. I just want to be back in my old home with my friends. I don't have any friends to play with. When I am at recess I try to play tether ball with the kids and I am always the first one out. He says I am just not happy here." I felt so bad but all I could do was tell him things will get better and that he is good at other stuff. I made him list some things that he was good at to make him feel better. He said,"I am good at math and reading. He was fast when it came to playing tag and running." He eventually calmed down and was able to fall asleep. So I just knew in his heart that by having his grandma come to school would me so much to him to have someone he knew and loved eat lunch with him and just be there. We are so glad that she loves her grandkids that she would drive the 3 hours in the pouring rain to be with them for maybe 30 minutes. When I picked Mason up from school that day he was so glad that she came. He said it was one of his best days at school. So Thank You to Grandma Sparks for coming!

1 comment:

  1. Awww. Poor boy. What a wonderful thing for his Grandma to come all that way. Hope things get better at school. What a great mama you are Ash.

    ReplyDelete