Friday, March 9, 2012

New Shoes... and Truck problems

So today was a half day and Mason has been needing new shoes since he went and got new ones that were the same size as his old ones. He didn't get the next size up. So we had been making him where then until today. I had a $10 off coupon for Famous Footwear and so me and the older boys headed to Village of Oak Creek to the outlet mall. Mason is so into basketball that he needs high tops (so he thinks he needs them). Chase was just happy to get some new shoes. On our way home (which we took the truck) We get to the intersection of Mingus and Main St where it was a red light and all of a sudden the truck died. I tried to turn it on and it would turn on but when I tried to shift to drive it would die. I am FREAKING OUT and by now the light is green and I should be going but the truck just wont stay on. I open my door so that people will know that I am broke down and will go around. Well the nice man behind me gladly gets out of his truck and I try to tell him the problem but he doesn't understand english. So finally he says the best he can I push you. So me and him push towards the open parking lot by goodwill. Mason grabs the phone to call Darren to come and get us. By that time the kind man goes back to his truck to drive across the intersection to come and check on us. We pop the hood and he checks my oil and fluids, (which we just got an oil change so I new they should be good) He asks if I ran out of gas but I had just filled up that morning. So then I thanked him and told him my husband was on his way. We also had some friends pass by and I was standing in front of my truck before we pushed it that turned around and came and stayed with us until we could call the insurance to get a tow truck. So we start the weekend off without a truck and not knowing how much this is going to cost us. Now I wish we didn't get the new shoes for the boys because we are going to need all the money we can get to fix his truck. We can't live with 1 car. So we will see. I just think that I had someone watching over us to at least make it to that intersection instead of somewhere else and Thanks again to kind people willing to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment