Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Trey's Hospital Stay Feb 10 - Feb 14

The worst happened that we didn't want to happen.... Trey had to go to the hospital.... I had noticed his breathing being harder and he sounded really congested. I called the pediatrician to see if they could look at him. Well they had no openings as usual. They told me to go to the emergency room. Well Chase had been on different medicine to try to get rid of an ear infection and he was still running fevers in the afternoon and would throw up. So I thought I will take them both to the urgent care and then go from there. Well they switched Chase to a different medicine and then told me I needed to take Trey to the Emergency room. So that is what I did. After being there from 4pm until 9pm they sent me home and told me to follow up with his pediatrician. (while in the hospital they had him do a breathing treatment, and then I kept letting them know that he wasn't eating, they then wanted to draw for blood to see if he had something else wrong with him. He did test positive for RSV but it wasn't in his lungs so there is nothing you can do. The nurses came in to draw blood and couldn't get any out of; his arms, hands, feet, knees and so they tried his HEAD. I wish I would have stopped them after 3 tries because they just brused him and still got no blood. They took his oxygen level and it was at 88 and they said lets watch it. Well thats when the dr said there was nothing else they could do because they can't take care of babies and so to go home and follow up.) During the hospital stay Nicole who is our life saver watched Mason until Darren got there to get him. So she then brought me some dinner and more formula for trey. I wasn't prepared to stay that long. So the next day she was talking with our friend Jolynn and told her our story. Come to find out Jolynns daughter had just gotten out of Phoenix Childrens Hospital with RSV. So she called and said to us can I come over and look at Trey. Well she saw him and said, "You need to get a second opinion". She told us about her experience at the local hospital here and said go to PCH and you won't regret it. So we got Mason off to school and was going to go to the pediatricians office when we decided we want to make sure he is ok and not see the PA at the dr office. So we loaded up and got to the hospital at 12pm and they monitored him and suctioned his nose. Finally about 5 pm they said we need to keep him over night because his oxygen would drop low while he slept and just wasn't eating at all at this point. So Darren was the one that was going to stay with Trey and I took Shaley and Chase home to meet up with Mason. Well it turns out Trey got alot worse. To where he had to have oxygen on the whole time. He was in the hospital from Friday Febuary 10 night to Tuesday Febuary 14. My parents went to the hospital on Saturday to see Trey and visit with Darren. Darren would get really bored. My parents then went and saw Darren again on Sunday and then decided they would come to the house Sunday night so Monday morning they could take the truck to Darren so when he got released he would be able to leave instead of having to wait for me to come get him. Darren said he was so glad that my parents came because it gave him someone to talk to and also he could leave the room and get fresh air and not feel bad for leaving Trey. Darren also had some visitors that were his brother Garrett, Greg, and Jake. Thank you all who helped us get through this trail. We are so greatful for people willing to help out when needed. Trey is doing alot better and Shaley got it a little bit but not to where she needed the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment